Each new Inclusion Champion will amplify the message of inclusion for children with developmental delay and/or disability. You can play a role which will help extend this message, make it strong, relevant and drive positive change.
Early childhood intervention (ECI) professionals are doing extraordinary things in their every day work which positively impact on children, families, colleagues and other professionals.
We would like to ask you to take a leading role in identifying, showcasing and sharing inclusive practices, by becoming an “Inclusion Champion”.
How can you help as an 'Inclusion Champion'?
There is no one fixed prototype of what an Inclusion Champion is or the tasks that a champion may undertake. Here are some ways in which you could contribute:
- Share with us the examples of innovative/successful inclusive practices encountered through your work and in your community.
- Champion our work on inclusion by reading our regular e-Newsletters, Inclusion Together Blog and telling your colleagues, families and community about the new initiatives, research and projects around inclusion.
- Assist organisations and colleagues to keep abreast of research and considered “best practice” on inclusion.
- Initiate professional conversations about inclusion through the online community of practice (Inclusion Together Blog, Facebook page and Twitter).
- Share the message of inclusion online by following our social media feeds and actively liking, commenting and sharing with your colleagues and networks.
Shape our work on inclusion by having a say in the development of resources.
- Write about inclusion as an Inclusion Together Blog contributor or participate in interviews for articles on the Blog.