Child Development Institute
Early Childhood Teacher to Join an Autism Specific Early Intervention Service
The mission of the Child Development Institute is to make a difference through empowering the lives of individuals, families and communities living with ASD or developmental delay.
Child Development Institute is located in Northmead in Sydney's West. We are looking to recruit an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Teacher to join our team as we expand.
The CDI is an AUTISM SPECIFIC early intervention centre for children aged 2 – 5 years. We deliver the Early Start Denver Model, an evidence-based intervention specifically developed for young children with autism. It is recognised world wide, as the number one intervention for young children with autism and has many research studies and clinical trials to prove it’s effectiveness.
The full-time ECT role will work within a multi-disciplinary team with speech pathologists, OT and other Early Childhood Teachers.
This role includes professional training to become a Certified Early Start Denver Model therapist.
Your time will be split between working in a morning group intervention program with a ratio of 1 therapist to every 2 children, and ESDM clinics in the afternoon.
You will have 1 afternoon per week dedicated to training as you work towards your ESDM certification, and 2 afternoons dedicated to planning, programming and data collection.
Our purpose built centre is designed and fully resourced with the best equipment to deliver the Early Start Denver Model Intervention.
Ideally applicants will:
1. Be enthusiastic to work as a member of a co-operative team
2. Be passionate to work with children with additional support needs, specifically autism
3. Be willing to undergo training to deliver the Early Start Denver Model within the group setting
4. Be willing to work within the framework of the ESDM. This includes working under clinical supervision and guided practice, and being able to self evaluate throughout on going practice
5. Be committed to delivering high quality early intervention and care
6. Have sound interpersonal and communication skills
7. Hold a current first aid certificate, including Asthma, Anaphylaxis and CPR certification or be willing to obtain this
Early Childhood Teacher applicants will:
- Have an approved Early Childhood Teaching degree
- Have previous experience working in an early childhood service as an ECT
- Have previous experience working with children with autism or disabilities in mainstream or early intervention settings
- Be committed to ongoing professional development towards ESDM Certification, ongoing reflective practice, and professional goal setting
- Have strong leadership skills and experience in staff management
- Have strong communication skills and effective relationship building strategies with families, children and staff.
If you would like to read more information on the Early Start Denver Model, please visit our website:http://www.cdinsititute.com.au
Please submit a covering letter, resume and two referees.