Learning Links Preschool
Peakhurst and Oatley, New South Wales
Make a difference to children’s lives and embark on a rewarding career opportunity with Learning Links – a family-centred high-quality service provider that has been helping families and children with learning difficulties for over 40 years.
Learning Links requires casual educators to work in our Exceeding Rated Preschool, and playgroup program to cover staff when they are on leave.
Our community based preschool located at Peakhurst operates during term time from 8am-4pm providing a high quality early childhood program with high staff child ratios, catering for the individual needs of children from 3 to 6 years and their families.
Our supported playgroup located at Oatley operates during term time on regular days each week to provide a gentle introduction to supporting and promoting younger children’s learning in preparation for transition to preschool or child care programs.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our professional team of caring and committed teachers, educators, child care workers, and therapists who work collaboratively to develop the programs and support the meaningful inclusion and education of all children in the programs.
Key responsibilities include:
· Actively contributing to provide high quality inclusive education and care to children of all abilities and their families.
· Developing strong relationships with children reflecting child focussed and strengths based practice.
· Developing strong relationships that support and partner with families and the community.
· Implementing best practice as per the Education and Care Services National Regulation and Law, and the Early Years Learning Framework/My Time Our Place curriculum.
· Following the policies and procedures of Learning Links at all times.
· Working collaboratively with other staff towards continuous improvement in all aspects of the service’s operations.
· Demonstrating effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with all stakeholders.
· ACECQA approved:
- Certificate III qualifications in Early Childhood Education and Care, or
- Diploma qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care, or
- University qualified Early Childhood Teacher qualification (including current registration with NESA)
· Current first aid, asthma and anaphylaxis approved training certifications.
· WWCC clearance.
· Flexibility and availability to work at short notice ideally a minimum of 3 days per week.
· Demonstrated strengths-based approach in working with children and families.
· Understanding of current childcare legislation and regulations including the EYLF and NQS.
· Previous proven experience as a core team member in an early education setting.
· High level communication skills both oral and written.
· High level interpersonal skills and ability to work flexibly with children, families and staff.
· Experience working with children with additional needs.
· Be part of a professional team and learn new skills working alongside supportive colleagues from teaching and therapy backgrounds.
· A competitive package based on relevant qualifications and experience. Salary packaging opportunities including a tax-free component each year. Conditions are as per the Learning Links Enterprise Agreement.
To be considered for this position, written applications must include:
· Written response to each of the essential and desirable selection criteria.
· Identification of your availability to work (days and times).
· A copy of your qualifications and certifications.
· C.V. detailing your past employment and proven evidence based experience against the essential criteria.
· Two current professional referees.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online via our careers page.
For more information about the position and or programs please contact the Preschool Manager on 8525 8230 or refer to www.learninglinkspreschool.org.au
Working with Children Check and Criminal Record Check apply to this position.