Fit Kidz Foundation
Autism Specific Speech Pathologist
Hills Shire, New South Wales
Full Time | Part Time
The Fit Kidz Foundation Centre is a not for profit organisation based in Dural, NSW, which was established to support children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or other Developmental Disability, their families and the wider community. The Foundation Centre offers a range of early intervention programs that meets the needs of families’ and the community.
About this Role
The Speech Pathologist we require will have a high level of energy and enthusiasm and a genuine commitment to achieving positive outcomes for children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or Development Disability and their families to enable them to lead a meaningful and inclusive life in their community.
As a member of a transdisciplinary team, within a strengths based and family centred framework, you will deliver and provide support our Individualised and Group Early Intervention programs. Our programs are flexible and individualised to meet the needs and priorities of the child and family, as outlined by their Individual Family Support Plan. Your responsibilities will include increasing the capacity of families/carers and mainstream services providers to ensure children are participating meaningfully in inclusive environments.
What You Need
· Minimum 1 year experience working with children with Autism and their families
· A degree in Speech Pathology
· Registration and/or membership with your relevant professional body
· A sound understanding of evidenced-based early intervention approaches specific to Autism Spectrum Disorders
· Experience using AAC
· Understating and experience working within mainstream early childhood education and care settings
· Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and practices of a family centred approach
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· A strong work ethic with a collaborative team approach
· A current drivers licence and use of own vehicle
· NSW Working With Children Check
· Current First Aid qualification preferred
Why Work for Us?
At The Foundation Centre we are passionate about the work we do. The children and families we work with inspire us and motivate us to continually grow and improve. The Foundation offers an attractive salary including generous salary packaging options, on-going professional development opportunities, opportunities to work on different early intervention programs and a highly supportive work environment.
How to Apply?
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For further information please contact Sarah Rawlins, on 02 9627 0721.
Abstract submissions are open until 1 October. To find out more details on abstract guidelines, visit the conference website.