KU Children's Services
Inclusion Professional - Sydney Metro South Inclusion Hub
Peakhurst, New South Wales
Full Time | Part Time
Above Award Wage
KU Children's Services (KU) is one of the most respected early education providers in Australia and has an enviable reputation for the quality of our services. 99% of KU centres meet or exceed the National Quality Standards.
KU Children’s Services receives Australian Government funding to operate a state-wide Inclusion Agency in NSW/ACT in partnership with Include Me and Gowrie NSW as part of the new Inclusion Support Programme (ISP). The ISP ‘supports mainstream ECEC services to improve their capacity and capability to provide quality inclusive practices, address participation barriers and include children with additional needs alongside their typically developing peers’.
We are currently recruiting for a motivated early childhood teacher whose passion is to support the provision of inclusive environments for all children. This position will be for the Sydney Metro South Inclusion Hub located in our Peakhurst office. As an Inclusion Professional your aim is to support educators in federally funded education and care services to increase their capacity and capability to embed inclusive practices within their service.
We have 2 positions now available on fixed term contracts until the end of June 2021, with preference given to applicants seeking full time hours.
The role of the Inclusion Professional is to:
• identify the strengths, capacity and capability of educators to ensure that support provided is tailored to educator and ECEC service needs.
• work to promote a clear understanding of inclusion, which focuses on all children being seen as capable and contributing in their environment.
• work closely with other Inclusion Agency team members to deliver inclusion support, which is flexible and responsive to the needs of ECEC services within the jurisdiction and in accordance with the ISP Guidelines.
The full Position Description is available through the following link: Inclusion Professional Position Description - NSW ACT.pdf
What we’re looking for?
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
• Tertiary qualifications in education (early/middle childhood) with at least 5 years’ experience.
• Thorough understanding of the differences between inclusion, integration, micro exclusion and macro exclusion.
• Demonstrated current knowledge of the early/middle childhood sector, including knowledge of the National Quality Framework, EYLF and MTOP.
• Ability to facilitate change through the use of reflective practice and a strengths based approach as well as understanding of adult learning principles.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using standard computer software, such as Microsoft Office and online databases.
• Current drivers licence and use of a comprehensively insured, registered motor vehicle.
Applying for the position
Please click here to continue with the application process. Please apply with a cover letter that outlines why you are applying for the position as well as responses to each of the above criteria. Your resume should also be uploaded as a separate document.
Feel free to contact us to discuss details of this position by contacting:
Leanne: 0419 420 452
Carolyn: 0400 432 477
All enquiries will be treated with strict confidentiality.